The Greenwich Gators is one of the long time standing traditions at the Greenwich Club. We have 50+ years of successful history and fun behind our team. It is an introductory competitive swim and dive team for children ages 5-16. The Greenwich Gator Swim & Dive Team is a friendly and competitive swim team whose aim is to provide regular training with light competition during the summer.
- To help foster a positive and enjoyable environment that is conducive to the development of both swimming and social skills.
- To provide swimmers with knowledge of the four competitive strokes- front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
- To help swimmers develop their swimming technique to the best of their ability for a lifetime of swimming enjoyment.
- To develop a youth athletic program, which encourages good sportsmanship and fosters a sense of team and community.
- To encourage participation in all practices and meets by swimmers of all abilities.
- To encourage swimmers to support and encourage their teammates at meets and practices.
- To create an environment at swim meets where cheering is as important as competing and where swimmers can learn the joys of competition.
- To instill a positive attitude and good self-esteem in all swimmers.
- To demonstrate the role that swimming can play in maintaining health, wellbeing and balance throughout each swimmer’s lifetime.
- To promote enthusiasm, team spirit, and team building. *** TO HAVE FUN! ***
Want more information or try out for the team? Get in touch with us at email@example.com